Happy St. Patrick’s Day! This is a favorite holiday in our house…mostly because Talia’s favorite color is GREEN! So we’re dedicating the month of March to some of our yummiest St. Patrick’s-themed recipes. Get your green on and let the shenanigans begin!This Dairy-free Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is made only from a few simple ingredients. The base is banana and the beautiful green color comes from the fresh mint and barley grass juice powder. Mint helps with the digestion of your food and is great for soothing tummy aches. We learned about barley grass juice powder from the Medical Medium, Anthony William (we are big fans!). Barley grass juice powder is a powerful superfood that helps your brain get smarter, calms your nerves, and helps to detox the body of heavy metals.
As you know, we LOVE chocolate! And Enjoy Life makes these delicious dark chocolate morsels that are low in sugar, non-GMO and are dairy, gluten, nut and soy free! We could snack on them all day long!
Look at the pretty flower we made when we blended our ice cream in our Vitamix! Isn’t it beautiful?!
We hope you have fun making this easy dairy-free ice cream! It’s a quick treat to make on a hot summer day too! Enjoy!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
If you like these recipes, please subscribe to our channel! Thank you!
- 4 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- About 12 leaves of fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon barley grass juice powder
- 3 Tablespoons dairy-free, dark chocolate chips (we like Enjoy Life’s Dark Chocolate dairy, nut and soy-free morsels)
- Lots of Love
- Take the frozen bananas out of the freezer and let sit for 5-10 minutes to soften a bit.
- Blend all of the ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) in a Vitamix blender until smooth.
- Scoop it into bowls and eat right away, or pop it back in the freezer for 5-10 minutes if you like your ice cream a little harder.
- Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips.