Raise your hand if you love Apple Pie! It sure is one of our favorites! So when Chef Jenny Ross invited us into her Tribest Kitchen to “not-cook” her delicious, raw Apple Butter Pie, we couldn’t resist.
Jenny is the co-author (along with our dear friend, Doreen Virtue) of the Veggie Mama cookbook. Veggie Mama is filled with yummy vegan recipes that are healthy, nutritious & delicious, and fun & easy for kids to make too!
Jenny is a mom and tests all of her recipes out on her kids. She says they are a great help in the kitchen…just like us!
Since we were in the Tribest Test Kitchen, we got to play with a few of the Tribest kitchen products. The apple slicer cut the apples so fast that it felt like it was raining apples! We were hungry and had just come from school, so we just wanted to gobble them all up. And Talia tried to do just that!
Almonds make a great gluten free crust and this recipe was super easy. With these fresh, beautiful, organic apples and sweet, creamy sauce, it was a quick-to-make dessert, that didn’t even need time to cook.
We had so much fun making this Apple Butter Pie with Chef Jenny. If you like recipes like this one, check out her Veggie Mama cookbook. You’ll find tons of healthy, tasty treats that kids love to make.
We hope you liked this episode. Thanks so much for watching. Please subscribe to our channel!
- 2 1/2 cups of finely sliced organic apples
- 8 ounces of raw coconut nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 Tablespoons coconut butter
- Make the sauce by blending the coconut nectar, sea salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Make the crust by blending 1/2 the sauce into the almond meal. Spread it into the bottom of a pie dish and press it down to form the crust.
- Then, to make the topping, add the coconut butter to the remaining sauce and blend for about 10 seconds to thicken. Pour 2 Tablespoons of the topping over the apples and gently stir to coat the apples in the sauce. Be careful that you don't damage the apples.
- Finally, layer the apples on top of the almond crust.
- You can serve it as is, or place it in the dehydrator for about an hour to serve it warm.
- This recipe is also great with pears as well.